Jobs and Internships
We currently have one social worker position available.
However, do not hesitate to send us an unsolicited application by email to email@example.com, attaching your resume and cover letter or by completing the form below.
We regularly welcome interns for our activities, events and fundraising events.
Do not hesitate to apply for :
- Clinical and intervention internships (medicine, social work, psychoeducation, special education, …)
- Animation of group, artistic and leisure activities, …
Title : Social worker
Location : CPSC of Verdun Les Petits Renards, 4400 boulevard LaSalle, Verdun, QC, H4G2A8.
Position title of immediate supervisor : General manager
Are you a dynamic worker who enjoys working with young people, their families and friends in an interdisciplinary team? You want to offer children a supportive living environment and actively participate in their development? Join Les Petits Renards team as an educator.
The social pediatrics center in the community of Verdun, registered charitable organization, member of the Dr. Julien Foundation network, helps vulnerable children aged 0 to 14 living in the Verdun Borough, as well as their families, by offering social pediatric services in a warm and welcoming community setting. The centre’s interventions are intended to respect the families’ rhythm and aim to reduce the impact of various toxic stresses on children and thus promote their optimal and full potential development.
The social worker is involved in various interventions with vulnerable children and families in the community to ensure the development of their full potential. He/she provides consultation, support and referral services in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team from the Community Social Pediatrics Centre as well as in partnership with other social support services in the community. Consistent with the social pediatric model, the incumbent assumes the role of clinical assistant in co-intervention with pediatricians during evaluation/orientation meetings.
Development and implementation of intervention plans
- Carry out a pre-assessment of specific families’ requests for assistance and support.
- Participate actively in the identification of needs and appropriate services during assessment/orientation meetings, in co-intervention with the pedeatrician.
- Provide psychosocial services.
- Mobilize the family, social and institutional network in order to accompany children and offer them continuous, coherent and integrated care and services that meet their needs and interests.
Intervention and follow-ups
Establish a supportive and collaborative relationship throughout the child’s life trajectory.
Plan appropriate actions according to the community-based social pediatrics approach.
Assume responsibility for the psychosocial assessment, the development of the intervention plan (IP) and the individualized service plan (ISP), in collaboration with the partners involved.
Carry out psychosocial and trajectory follow-ups, including accompaniment, advocacy (court, representation) and participation in the various intervention processes.
Play a consultative role by acting as a link between the pediatrician, the child and the family, as well as with all the actors involved.
Carry out visits to the child’s home or any other living environment.
Respond quickly to crisis situations.
Transmission of information concerning the children’s file
Write psychosocial reports as recommended by the Ordre des travailleuses et travailleurs sociaux du Québec for each of the children’s physical files.
Transmit relevant information to all internal stakeholders through the database.
Participate in multi-school meetings with schools to ensure consistency of interventions.
Collaboration with various partners
Ensure follow-ups in a context of interdisciplinary intervention and ensure concerted action on the interventions to be carried out with children.
Working closely with family, social and institutional networks
Participate in group discussions in interdisciplinary teams
Participate in team meetings
Provide clinical supervision to social work trainees
Participate and collaborate in training and orientation activities that promote knowledge updating and exchange among colleagues.
Participate in activities representing social pediatrics in the community in Verdun
Challenges to be met
- Know how to create a good climate of trust and be able to listen and communicate attentively and effectively.
- Establish and maintain meaningful and secure relationships with families and partners.
- Work with children living in difficult living conditions: violence, complex family situations, illness, post-traumatic stress, lifestyle that does not meet their needs, and others.
- Working with the child’s strengths, family and community.
- Believe in the potential of every child and family and work in a context of no demand or non-specific demand.
- Demonstrate good adaptability in a work environment that is constantly in action.
- Manage time well in order to meet multiple tasks and unpredictable deadlines.
- Respect at all times the confidentiality of personal information obtained and transmitted in the course of work.
Bachelor’s degree in social work or equivalent.
Member of the Ordre professionnel des travailleurs sociaux du Québec or in the process of being so.
- At least 1 year’s experience in working with children and youth in difficulty and their parents.
Knowledge of intervention with vulnerable children and families
Knowledge of child development characteristics
Knowledge of community social pediatrics (an asset)
Use of computerized clinical tools
Skills and abilites
Sense of observation and analysis
Attitude of listening and non-judgement, empathy, patience (rhythm of each family)
Sense of commitment
Great professional autonomy
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work as a co-intervener in an interdisciplinary team
Sense of initiative, dynamism, creativity
Sensitivity to intercultural realities
Fluency in French and English (written and spoken)
Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software
Conditions of employement
Part-time position (28 hours per week). Flexibility in the organization of the working day is sought. Possibility of working on weekends on an occasional basis.
Remuneration according to qualifications and experience.
Group insurance (individual or family) paid at 50% by the employer.
Three weeks vacation upon hiring + paid holiday leave (based on school leave)
Workplace: Social Pediatrics Centre of Verdun, Montreal.
The start date is September 1rst, 2020 (earlier negotiable).
How to apply
Please send your application (resume and cover letter) by email to :
Martial Mainguy, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 26, 2020. Please indicate “Social Worker Position” in the subject line.
Deadline to apply
July 26 2020